Friday, August 6, 2010

Heading East

On Monday, Brad and I began our journey PCSing from MO to NC... a total of 964.88 miles, and my first move out of the midwest. We were probably quite a spectacle... Brad driving a truck, with a motorcycle loaded in the bed, pulling a trailer, with the mustang on it. Me, 8 months pregnant, following him in my squeaky old Camry that is stuffed to the limit. The cat was in the truck, the dog in the car with me. I will admit I was a little bit nervous about driving that far while I feel like I have to pee every 10 minutes (and sometimes I really do!) but everything was smooth and seamless. I can't tell you how many times I thought "I should have to pee... it's been 3 hours... but I am sure I can make it another hour" and I was right. I could just tell that we had family and friends praying for us those two driving days and that made all the difference.
So here we are... in NC. The state is beautiful! We have moved into our new rental home, and I love it. Only a few minor set-backs with the whole moving thing, and I think I will tell you about them now so I can end this post all positively!
1. The house is dirty and there is a spider-infestation all around the outside. EW. Remember how I hate tics? Well I think I hate spiders even more! Brad and I were going to just suck it up and clean the house, spray for spiders, and whatnot by ourselves, but it seemed the more and more we cleaned and he sprayed the more we realized how much stuff there actually needed to be done to this house before I felt like it was ready for us to really live here and to bring a baby to live here. So today when we were talking to the property manager, we mentioned how disappointed we are with the condition of the cleanliness of this house when the lease had made such a statement about the expectations when we move out (carpets professionally cleaned, yard fumigated since we have pets, everything in a state of cleanliness and order, etc.) Well.. I am not a confrontational person so mentioning this was very nerve-racking and I almost didn't do it but I am so glad that I did! She has someone coming to spray early this next week and she has hired a professional cleaning service to come out and scrub appliances, clean the floors, shampoo the carpets, clean the windows (there are spider webs between the windows and the screens.. I don't know how! gross!), clean the base boards and scrub the walls. I am so glad that I was not a push-over on this and brought it up! This house was about to start stressing me out!
2) At my last DR appt before we left MO, my Dr reminded me that I now need to start my every other week appointments and to set up my insurance and make an appointment here as soon as possible. So, the very first day we were here Brad and I went to Tricare on post and switched out of the midwest region to the region here, got assigned a Dr, went there to get a referral to the OB/midwife section at the hospital, went there to give them my medical records from my MO dr, and was told to wait for the nurses to review my records and decide which dr to assign me to. The next day, they called me to set up my first appointment, but unfortunately they are not able to get me in for 3 weeks. I dont think this is a big deal, but my last appointment was already 2 weeks ago, when I was at 30 weeks. I will be 35 weeks at my up-coming appt, which is when they start doing every week appointment since 36 weeks the baby is no longer considered premature. Now.. I feel confident that everything will be fine but I am just a little disappointed that it is taking this long to get to the dr here, and only a little nervous that it I will go into early labor and have to go to a hopsital and a dr i have never been to before. Hopefully that will not happen! We have been praying and praying that God takes control of this pregnancy and so I know I should cast all my worries about it to Him... but sometimes that is easier said than done!
3. Brad leaves on Sunday for 3 weeks for a school that has a no communication rule (not even letters, how primitive!) I don't much like being somewhere where I don't know anybody... and I like it even less since I am not allowed to travel (the hospital made me sign this waiver saying I would not travel past 32 weeks without dr consent, but I can't get consent because I can't see the dr any time soon! i'm not sure I would have gone anywhere anyway, but it would be nice to have the option).

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE (and yes, there is a bright side to my complaints)
My mom is coming to stay for a week on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The movers will drop our stuff off (no more air mattress and achy back for this big bellied girl) a day or two after she arrives, and life will be much better having our stuff back! Also.. the sooner Brad finishes this dumb school he is going to, he will get back, and we will only have less than 4 weeks until our little guy should enter this world. EEE! Also... I get to start putting together and decorating our nursery, which I have wanted to do since I found out we were going to have this baby. We have been talking and dreaming about it (mostly my dreaming and us talking about that actually...) and now it all gets to come to fruition! Our little baby boy is going to have the cutest sailing/nautical themed nursery you have ever seen. I have looked at hundreds of bedding and found one that we both fell in love with. And there are so many cutesy nautical themed decorations for baby rooms out there! Most of them are online unfortunately but I suppose I am perfectly okay shopping online. Also.. my mom leaves and I will be here a week and a half by myself but then Brads mom is coming to stay with me for the last part of Brads school and the first few days after he returns. It will be so good to have her here! I only have like 10 - 12 days that I have to be here by myself while Brads gone... which is good.

Okay.. super long post but I feel like moving adds a ton of stuff that could be said! And I am really going to try to not wait another 3 months to update... we shall see though :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jess! Congrats on the move. It is incredible how long we can actually hold our bladder when we need to...but I know what you mean when you said that you kept thinking you should have to pee now since it'd been so long! And then you went further. Jesus even provides longer interims between pees, isn't it great? Haha! I hope you are doing well and settling into your new digs. Hard to believe how close we are to meeting our babies face to face! I'll be praying about the DR situation!

    ReplyDelete