Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day

Pictures from Brads redeployment ceremony

This was part of his unit, waiting to be released to their families.

Our 1st kiss since r&r

12 Months apart - and FINALLY together again. :)



A big thank you goes out to all those service men and women who have given their lives so my freedom can be secured. I am honored, I am humbled, and I am forever grateful to be an American - to be protected by those who sacrifice so much so that I may go to Church without persecution, so that I may have opinions that do not always agree with our government, so that I might live knowing that I am free.

This Memorial Day, I hope that you had a wonderful day off of work, I hope that you had friends to eat with, to drink with, to celebrate with. But I do hope you remembered those who made the ultimate sacrifice so that you have the opportunity to do all those things you love. I am forever humbled and forever grateful for them and their families, and will continue to try to never take my freedom for granted. I have seen the sacrifice those have made first-hand, have wept with fellow military wives as they have told me their stories of the sacrifice their husbands have made, and I am forever impacted because of them.

Freedom is not free. But I am proud to be an American, and proud to be an army wife. I know my husband has put his life on the line many times so that we can be an amazing, free country, and I am very thankful that he has made it back from war zones to be with me.

So please, if you didn't get a chance to yesterday, join me in a moment of silence honoring our fallen heroes.

2 comments:

  1. wow. i can't imagine being apart from my husband for that long. so thankful for men and women like your husband, for women like you who sacrifice as well and work hard with him away...and for your sweet family's sacrifice for all of us and our country. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos. Thankful for your family's sacrifice! (And what a sacrifice it was/is - 12 months is a LONG time!!)

    ReplyDelete